Want to volunteer?
Cat Guardians is made possible by our volunteers. We love spending time with our cats and kittens, and they love the attention!
Plus you can meet friendly new people who enjoy working together to benefit the animals in our care. We have many ways to volunteer and we’d be happy to arrange a visit so you can meet us and find out more about Cat Guardians.
So if you are 18 years or older and want to make a difference, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form online or make a copy and send it to:Cat Guardians
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
932 E. St. Charles Rd.
Lombard, IL 60148
Thanks so much for your interest in helping us help the kitties!
Cleaning & Caring for our Cats
This is our biggest need because our cats need care every day of the year!
- Work a daily shift to clean the shelter (AM and PM shifts)
- Feed the cats
- The cats quickly become like our own pets, so after our work is done, we often stay to spend one-on-one time with the cats
We have a small team of people who handle on-site medical care for our cats.
- Experience is helpful, but we can provide training if you have an aptitude for this
- Administer medication and fluids as prescribed by our vets
- Monitor health of cats in our care
Special Events & Fundraisers
We host a variety of special events and fundraisers throughout the year and it takes a lot of hands to make those events successful!
- Help plan and publicize events
- Help set up, staff and tear down after events
- Provide baked goods (for the bake sales) and prizes for other events
- Sell raffle tickets
- Post flyers
Now that pandemic controls are lifting, we want to get back out in the community to raise awareness of our shelter and the animals we serve.
- Work 4 hour shifts at adoption events held at local pet stores and vet clinics
- Man booths at expos (Chicagoland, DuPage, etc)
- Work with members of the community to promote adoption and educate about animal care
Our shelter is in an older building and we always have a “honey do” list of things which need attention.
- Help with yard work
- Do building repair projects inside and outside the shelter