We love donations!
We could not provide for the cats in our care without the support of people like you! We’re funded entirely by your generous donations and staffed by volunteers. It’s a labor of love, and we hope you’ll stop by our shelter some time to see the lives your love helped save.
Cat Guardians, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by law, and go primarily to caring for the cats and maintaining the shelter they live in. We also do outreach to our community, spreading the word about our cats, our shelter, and the plight of stray & feral cats everywhere.
Cat Guardians accepts donations online through PayPal, which lets you make donations securely using your credit card. You don’t need a PayPal account to make a donation.
Donate By Mail
If you prefer, checks can be sent directly to the shelter:
Cat Guardians, Inc.
932 E. St. Charles Road
Lombard, IL 60148
Donate Wish List Items
Why not pick up a few things on our wish list and bring them to the shelter! Each donated item reduces shelter expenses and helps us meet our goals.
What we need most …
- Clumping clay based litter (preferably Fresh Step or Arm & Hammer)
- Iams Proactive Health dry food: We feed a mix of Hairball (orange bag) and Sensitive Digestion (pink bag)
- Canned cat food: We feed a variety of canned foods that are high in meat protein to tempt our kitties’ appetites
- Gift cards for Pet Supplies Plus, Petco, Petsmart, Target and Wal-Mart: lets us buy any supplies we may be short of
- Yesterday’s News recycled paper litter: this is used for kittens and cats who’ve had medical procedures
- Meat only baby food (Chicken, Turkey, or Lamb): this can tempt a reluctant eater or help a cat with medical issues
- Paper Towels
- Baking soda: keeps our boxes smelling nice
- Air Freshener/Deodorizer Spray
- 30-gallon and 13 gallon trash waste bags
- Laundry detergent
- D, 9 volt, & AAA batteries
Other supplies that we also need …
Shop to Help
When you do your on-line shopping through these websites, they will donate a portion of your purchase price to Cat Guardians.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same products, same prices, same experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Cat Guardians. For every $100 purchase, Amazon donates $0.50 to Cat Guardians.
To select Cat Guardians as your charitable organization, go to smile.amazon.com/change and search for “Cat Guardians.”
Be sure to bookmark smile.amazon.com. If you see Cat Guardians listed in the upper left corner under the Amazon Smile logo, you can be confident Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to support Cat Guardians’ work with to match abandoned and stray street cats with loving families, and provide a permanent home for cats that have not been adopted due to age, medical conditions or socialization issues!
If you use the Amazon mobile app, you will need to “turn on” the Amazon Smile feature by clicking the three bars in the bottom right > Settings > Amazon Smile > turn on for your phone. This turns it on for 6 months and will send you a reminder to reactivate twice per year.
For more information: “Amazon Smile Q & A”
Shop at many of your favorite online stores through iGive and Cat Guardians will receive a portion of your total. Use http://isearch.igive.com/ as your web search engine and we’ll earn a penny for every search you do!